No one is immune to jet-lag. Flying more than two time zones is where it really begins to be uncomfortable. The good news is that you can prepare ahead of time in order to decrease the effects that rapid time-zone jumping has on you!
Begin preparing three days prior to your flight with these things:
- Leave coffee and other caffeine sources alone. Roasted dandelion root is tasty and may comfort you during your caffeine abstinence.Drink lots of water – 64 oz a day for the average size person.
- Take 3,000 milligrams Vitamin C for each day.
- Bach’s Rescue Remedy – 4 drops 3-6 times/day.
- Rest at least 8 hours per night.
- Change your exposure to daylight – for eastward travel, avoid outdoor light for the last three hours of the day; for westward travel, avoid the first three hours of outdoor light in your day.
I like to keep a “Flight Prep Kit” with all of these supplements & “To do list” in my nightstand. I note in my day-planner the day to begin preparations. Doing these things will increase your in-flight comfort & make the first couple days at your destination much more enjoyable.
Bon voyage!Source: “The Healthy Traveler” by Susan W. Kramer, Ph.D, Esq. AHG. Susan is a Registered Herbalist (AHG) in private practice in Atlanta, GA; she is also a mentor, colleague & friend.